I can't believe it, but it has been a year! A year of blogging, of being back in the US, and of becoming a high school teacher. I have been so blessed over the past 12 months. From having a life-defining time in Argentina, to experiencing the best student-teaching situation ever, to landing an amazing job as a high school Spanish teacher and branching out on my own, I can't even begin to capture my gratefulness (but I'll try)!
I want to say thank you to all of you, friends & family, who have been with me during this crazy, yet amazing year of ups & downs. I praise the Lord for the remarkable ups & also for using the low points to mold me into a better woman! With love and loss, we grow & I can see the ways I have grown in the many facets of my life!
Here are some of my favorite highlights from this past year starting in January of 2012!
January
-Started my student-teaching job
Febuary
-Embraced my love for sewing!
-Remembered the life of my loving
-Showed off my 1/16th Irish side ;)
-Taught my students how to Tango
April
-Traveled to Panama with my church
and spent time with these lovely gals
-Chopped my hair off (and finally adjusted to it in May)
May
-Attended my last church service at my college ministry, The Annex
-Officially graduated from University of Colorado!
-Rediscovered this adorable polka dot skirt!
-Explored Denver in this lovely assemble
-Relaxed a bit before the insane job search!
-Remember the life of my fun-loving grandma Darlene-Explored Denver in this lovely assemble
June
*(my favorite blogging month of the year!)*
-Interviewed for a number of jobs!
-Enjoyed the creek in the summer
-Completed my first embroidering project
-Attended two breath-taking weddings
between Lindsay & Jake
and Lauren & Blake
*(my favorite blogging month of the year!)*
-Interviewed for a number of jobs!
-Enjoyed the creek in the summer
-Completed my first embroidering project
-Attended two breath-taking weddings
between Lindsay & Jake
and Lauren & Blake
| Lindsay & Jake |
| Blake & Lauren |
-Got hired as a high school Spanish teacher!!!!!
August
-Took advantage of the last days of summer before
the school year started
-My first few days as a real teacher
-Took advantage of the last days of summer before
the school year started
![]() |
| Road biking in my girly apparel |
October
-Fall festivals, farmer's markets,
& football games
-Fall festivals, farmer's markets,
& football games
December
-Became "that teacher" with the
wacky costumes & crazy vests
-Got into the Christmas cheer
-Became "that teacher" with the
wacky costumes & crazy vests
-Got into the Christmas cheer
-Celebrated a Christmas eve tradition with these cuties
(We missed you, Erika!)
-Traveled to Cabo San Lucas for fun in the
sun with my family!
Thank you, thank you for supporting me! Reading the encouraging comments on my Facebook page and seeing the consistent viewers keeps me going when I have a lazy day :) Also, thank you for bearing with me in my semi-awkward posing skills (especially at the beginning, but even to this day!) I also want to thank my featured models, who bared with me in posing them and asking them repeatedly to let me feature them!!! Thank you: Shannon, Heather, Rachel, Jan, Erika, Hilary, Lauren A., Tyler, Jay, Charlie, Zach (☺), Jake, Lindsay, Julia, Jessica, Allison, Lauren Peña, Janie, Alex, and Olivia.
I'm looking forward to another year of adventures & posts to go along with them!
I'm looking forward to another year of adventures & posts to go along with them!
I feel extremely blessed!
Thank you, Lord!
♥












This post makes me extremely happy!! Love you :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad :) It was one heck of a year. Lots of wonderful memories & joyful moments! Like your engagement!! I hope to see you sooooon. I love you!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome Abbey! Keep on posting, I love your style! :)
ReplyDelete