Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{floral & stripes}

What I'm wearing:
Scarf from Argentina,
blouse from Gap,
belt from Anthropologie,
jeans by Citizens of Humanity
from Plato's Closet,
booties by Codify,
earrings (gift),
necklace from Gem Boutique
Usually I wear a patterned scarf to give a solid colored blouse some life, but today I decided to pair together two items that normally can simply stand alone in an outfit, stripes & floral! With the subtle green stripes in this Gap blouse, I wanted to add some contrast by adding my bright floral scarf that I bought in Argentina. Although stripes and floral could be too busy with thick color bands, the thin apple green stripes blend well with the white base. They also accent the leafy green areas of my scarf. To complete the outfit, I cinched the waist with my favorite belt, threw on some dark wash jeans, and kicked it with some comfy carmel-colored booties.

No comments:

Post a Comment