Tuesday, January 29, 2013

{chaperoning winter formal}

What I'm wearing:
Leather jacket by Michael Kors
from Nordstrom Rack,
Skirt and purse from Argentina,
cardigan and flats from J.Crew,
tank top from Forever21,
belt from Goodwill,
watch by Michael Kors

Saturday evening was perfect leather jacket weather, so I finally wore my new Michael Kors jacket that I got for Christmas. Yes, I said Christmas! Sometimes when I get new things I am afraid to wear them until I am certain I like them. Example A, this jacket. Be prepared to hear about my lame decision making tactics: Every day since I picked this jacket up from Nordstrom Rack I have tried it on with my outfit to "see how it looks!" Haha! Just to make sure I liked it.

Well, on Saturday, Shannon suggested this ensemble for the Winter Ball dance I was chaperoning. It is tough to know what to wear to a dance as a teacher! How nice should I look? Should I wear my school ID? Do I look like a high schooler?!?! But, thankfully, my roommate, Shannon, suggested a belted cardigan with a long skirt. So cute! I tried it on with my new jacket and BAM! a completed outfit. It also was great for walking around and shopping with Alex prior to the dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment