Thursday, June 7, 2012

{all-american girl}

In 2008, I bought my first pair of TOMS shoes and have been madly in love with TOMS from then on. I have experimented with painting pairs of TOMS, along with starting a little custom shoe painting business of my own. http://www.wix.com/abbeyrose0704/toms 

I was recently looking at my extremely loved & tattered red TOMS and thought, "These need a little bit of life." Hence where this project was born!

As many of you know and many might not know, my birthday is on the fourth of July. I'm a firecraker baby as my grandpa always said! When I was growing up I received more American flag stuff than anyone could imagine: bracelets, swimsuits, journals, t-shirts... So by the age of about 14 I was sick of it and begged my family to end my waterfall of red, white, and blue gifts. Yet, as of last year, I randomly rediscovered with my birthday roots and wanted to embrace my birthday (which to be realistic, I can never change)! My goal for this summer is to get into embroidering, so I decided that what better way to start than at the beginning, my birthday & America's birthday! I am very patriotic :)
 Stitching the Boarder:
Sewing into the fabric and back out
with a back stitch. In & out!
Starting the Stripes:
For the stripes I did a satin stitch
in which I came back around until I
completed the row
For the stars, I made small X stitches
& spaced them evenly in order to make 50!
50 Stars!
3 Gold Stars in Honor of
my Grandpa Wavering

If you have any questions about how I got started,
the steps, sharing ideas, or just want to make a comment, please do!!!
I love hearing what my blog readers have to say.





1 comment: