| Happy Valentine's Day friends! |
| Homemade elbow patches |
What I'm wearing:
Sweater by Banana Republic from Plato's Closet with
homemade heart-shaped elbow patches, pants from
Target, flats by Cooperative from Urban Outfitters,
watch by Michael Kors, heart necklace (gift),
ruby ring (gift from grandpa) & thin ring (gift from dad)
A week ago I was inspired on Pinterest to make heart shaped elbow patches, yet wanted to take a simpler approach. I made this little cuties in just a few easy steps. First, I bought a inexpensive sweater from Plato's closet and fabric from Joanne's Fabrics. I purposely chose a micro-fleece fabric that wouldn't fray when I cut it to avoid hemming the hearts and to save time. Next, I cut out the hearts after sketching them on the fabric and placed them with safety pins through the elbows of my sweater. From there, I sewed them on with navy blue thread keeping equal spacing throughout. That simple :)
I know what I'm asking you for my birthday :) a cute sweater with heart-shaped elbow patches! This is the cutest, simplest idea I've ever seen!
ReplyDelete<3 Maddie