Monday, February 13, 2012

{noticing tiny details}



What I'm wearing:
Blouse by Converse from Target, sweater from Anthropology,
vintage belt (gift from Cam), jeans by Citizens from Plato's Closet,
shoes by Dansko, & beaded bracelet from Gem (gift from mom)

On occasion my students notice my outfits and comment on them which always brings a smile to my face. Today one student noticed that I was wearing glasses and another girl said something really funny and cute about my belt. As I was walking around the room grading worksheets and a girl in my class asked me,"Ms. Rosie, do you like collect native american belts or something? 'Cause you have a bunch!" It was hilarious because it's kind of true. I have always loved native american influenced things like belts, patterns, boots, etc. This belt detailed with native american coins that I'm wearing was a gift from my mom's friend Cam last year for my birthday. It originally belonged to her and she decided to pass it along to me because she felt it was "my style" and she was right! Thanks Cam! As for my bracelet, that was an early Valentine's Day gift from my mom; she bought it at a store called Gem in my hometown. And yes, some of my students call me Ms. Rosie! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your style! The cute story you shared about a student reminded me of a story my sister shared with me in her early years of teaching. A student got up the courage to complement her on her style. All she could say was how she liked that her lipstick always matched her shirt, then she ran off, embarrassed. Oh, High School..
    ~Jackie Stephens

    ReplyDelete