Monday, February 20, 2012

{southern Illinois cameo}


Grandma's brooch pin
What I'm wearing:
Sweater from The Gap, jeans by Angel Denim,
boots by BDG from Urban Outfitters,
watch by Michael Kors, necklace from M.Santana,
earrings (from my sister) & vintage brooch (gift from Grandma) 

Over the weekend I headed back to Illinois, southern Illinois to be more specific. Here I took pictures outside of my grandparent's home in Springfield, a simple house that I've always love. My grandpa always made sure the yard was perfectly trimmed and that the paint was always crisp. So much hard work and love went into this home, which is something I truly admire.
In this outfit I am wearing the pink cameo brooch that my grandma gave me for Christmas. She gave all of her grand-daughters jewelry from her own collection. She was happy to see me wearing it this weekend. As you'll learn from my blog, I love jewelry with some history behind it! Ever since I was little I have always been drawn to old, vintage jewelry, clothes, furniture, and more. It's even better when it is something passed down from someone you love. Thanks grandma!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with those boots Abbey! Also I'm jealous now and want a vintage brooch as beautiful as the one you have with as beautiful of a story :)

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete