Tuesday, February 12, 2013

{my first set of pearls}

What I'm wearing:
Blazer by Silence + Noise from Urban Outfitters,
striped shirt by BGD from Urban Outfitters,
pants from Gap,
flats by Liz Claiborne from DSW,
pearls from my grandma Rosenwinkel,
watch by Michael Kors
All of my life I have never been a "pearls girl" with the exception of costume jewelry. Some girls wear pearl earrings as a staple or a tiny pearl necklace to look classy or formal, but not me. No tiny pearl necklaces or pearl studs for this little lady. I always put them into the "preppy" category of fashion and let them stay there. As you know from other blog posts, my grandma Rosenwinkel was a total glamour queen who had more jewelry than she knew what to do with. So when she passed away last year in May, my sisters and I inherited some lovely jewelry, some of which was costume jewelry and some nicer items too. This necklace was my first "pearl" necklace that I have owned and I'm happy to say I got it from my glam-ma. I decided to wear my pearls to help make my basic striped t-shirt a little nicer looking with my charcol gray blazer and black dress pants. Thanks, glam-ma!

No comments:

Post a Comment