Saturday, July 13, 2013

{they are back!}

What I'm wearing:
Tank top from Gap,
shorts by Levi's from Urban Outfitters,
flats by Ecoté from Urban Outfitters,
watch by Michael Kors (yes, it's a new one),
necklace from Grandma Wavering,
sunglasses from boutique in New York,
lipstick by Mirenesse from Birch Box
Absolutely no shame... I am thrilled that high-waisted shorts are back in style! A few summers ago with the help of my cousin, Olivia, I revamped a pair of 1985 Levi's from Goodwill. Despite our cutting, shredding, and their adorable fit, people still gave me a hard time. My sister commented that they were nasty mom shorts and other friends said they just don't get why anyone would wear them. Well, I'm glad I never gave up on my affinity for the 80's, because look what is popping up in Urban Outfitters stores this summer! High waisted shorts, tucked in shirts, and gold jewelry! 

With the basic elements of this outfit (a black tank & jean shorts), I tried to spice it up with a bright red lipstick and forest green shades. Often times, a bright lip stick can add too much to a look, but in this situation, I felt it was a quirky addition that helped an otherwise ordinary outfit. Finally, I am head over heels for my new Michael Kors watch that I received for my birthday. Since I have been wearing my all gold Michael Kors watch almost excessively, I really wanted to change things up a little. Aesthetically speaking, I love Michael Kors designs, so when choosing a new watch I already had an idea of the brand I wanted. After looking, I concluded that the gold face makes it easy to match with my current jewelry (I love gold ☺), yet the brown leather strap adds a classic and casual element.

No comments:

Post a Comment