Monday, July 8, 2013

{stars & stripes}

After my annual hiatus in Michigan, 
I'm back and ready to blog. Pardon the wet hair in my pictures,
but that's the result of a day at the beach. 
I love spending the week with friends and family
celebrating my birthday and our great nation! #merica

Every year I search my closet for the perfect birthday outfit,
something patriotic and comfortable. I found both of my requirements
in this American Apparel maxi dress. To tie together the "whole flag" look,
I made a stars bow for my hair. With my wet locks, I pinned 
my bow underneath my bun for a different spin on a classic bow. 
Later on I threw a jean vest over the whole outfit, but didn't get any pictures of it.
Hopefully I'll be able to feature my cousin's pictures soon that have a
a few shots with my lovely sisters!

Hand sewn bow by me
What I'm wearing:
Striped dress from American Apparel,
belt and necklace borrowed from my mom,
flats from Urban Outfitters,
bow sewn by me (let me know if you are interested in
buying a bow ☺)

No comments:

Post a Comment