Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{jeopardy scarves}

Read below how to make a infinity scarf
out of a normal one like this!
What I'm wearing:
Sweater from Gap,
skirt & scarf from Argentina,
flats from  J.Crew,
glasses by Calvin Klein,
Today while playing Jeopardy with my level 3 Spanish class, I was explaining the different categories and a student suggested making a category titled "Ms. Rosenwinkel's Scarves!" He claims that I own too many and that he could list all of them. In response, I said you can never own too many scarves!

I turned this regular old scarf into an infinity scarf (something I do quite often). I love the way the tassels hang down in the front! To get this look, take a scarf with end tassels and grab two of the strands. Tie these two strands together. Then, with your now circular scarf, loop it around your neck pulling the tassels to the front. Finally, arrange the portion of the scarf without tassels over the front of the knotted strands in order to hide them.

In addition to the scarves comment, my students were highly intrigued by my extremely thick & "hipster" glasses. I probably tallied about 15 comments about them today... both good and random ones :) Oh, high schoolers!

2 comments:

  1. ABBEY! Your blog seriously saved my outfit today! LOL I have early class this morning and was trying to figure out my scarf in the morning and it was not working at all the way I was tying it, just super awkward. But I was so tired and late that I just went to school. Luckily! I opened up FB and saw your blog post and that infinity technique was exactly what my outfit needed this morning!
    Love you darling friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful, mi querida! I miss you a great deal and love you!

      Delete