Monday, November 18, 2013

{ "the green sweater" }

What I'm wearing:
Sweater by Merona from Target,
dress by fun 2 fun,
tights from Target,
& boots by Boemos from Marshalls
Since I was in 8th grade, I have wanted this exact sweater. The color, the knit, the fit. I read a book where the main character bought her boyfriend "a thick and luxurious moss green cashmere V-neck sweater." He was her first love and she had sewn a gold heart into the sleeve of the sweater. I know this isn't "moss green," but for some reason, this is exactly how I pictured the sweater and forever the image was engraved in my mind. The other day as I was walking out of Target, I spotted it. I tried it on right there in the middle of the store and knew I had to buy it to fulfill my teenage dream of owning "Nate's sweater." And, let me tell you, I am so glad I got it. Wearing it today made me feel cozy and ready for the colder weather! 
I decided to pair it with some fun autumn colors, pulling it over a dress I own. I wanted to avoid looking overly preppy, but I'm not sure if I accomplished that. Oh well, it was a comfy fall outfit!

2 comments:

  1. Did you sew a gold heart in the sleeve??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely have considered it :) Just got to find a perfect gold heart!

      Delete