Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Swept away in the flood of life.

Looking back through my older posts, it is crazy that it has been over a month since I last posted. With my job and my new coaching position at school, I almost never have time to take pictures of my outfits like normal. Not to mention when I get home at 7pm I'm usually in my coaching attire rather than my cute work outfit. When I first started coaching, tons of kids told me they didn't recognize me when I wasn't wearing my "teacher clothes!" I wanted to write to give an update on why I haven't posting recently. Good news though, I'm back now!

In addition to my normal daily schedule, the floods in Boulder made my life insane for a bit. With the flood damage on our school, on the roads near by, and on a number of students' homes, the district decided to close the schools to give time for relief to happen. Luckily, my home was not affected by the floods. Although one night I did have a little scare as the water was rising outside in my parking lot due to an overflow from a stream 3 feet from my apartment that splits off from the Boulder Creek. Fortunately, the rising stream never made it into the basement of my apartments, so all the relief work I have done was in south Boulder.
I have posted a number of pictures, so you all can see the impact this flood has had on my city. Please keep Boulder in your prayers! Ask that people's homes may be restored, just as my faith in humanity has been restored through generous relief efforts. Pray for the rain to hold off and for the Boulder Creek to lower from its raging 5,000 cfs. One thing I have been reminded of in all of this madness is that "the rain WILL fall and the floods WILL come, but we have a firm foundation in Jesus" and He has come to rescue us! I have hope in that!
Along the Boulder Creek path

Parking lot by campus
Once a street but post-flood it was basically a "river"
Lost comfort
Some of the damaged items from the flood 
Flood fashion? And I only got messier!
A basement torn apart at one point by 7 feet of water
My roommate after a hard days work
My parking lot after the water drained

No comments:

Post a Comment