Sunday, October 14, 2012

{calavera cacti}

In honor of the upcoming holiday, el Día de los Muertos, on November 1st
and my slight obsession with Halloween, I painted these
calavera cacti pots to decorate my classroom!
Here is a short Spanish lesson: "Calavera" means skull.
These pots are meant to resemble the sugar skulls used as decorations
during the remembrance celebrations in Mexico for Día de los Muertos,
where families remember their deceased loved ones 
and celebrate life after death. Being a Spanish teacher, I thought
that these cacti pots would be perfect cultural decorations for the fall season.


What You'll Need:
1. Ceramic pots
2. Acrylic paint in various colors
3. Paint brushes
Pretty simple, right?
 Step 1: Paint your ceramic pots white using acrylic paint.
 Step Two: Sketch design onto pot using a pencil.

Step Three: Using a variety of colors, paint over pencil sketches and
give your skull pot a little personality! Add free-hand details if you
feel comfortable going off of your original design.

Step Four: Pot it with your favorite type
of cactus or succulent (or both)!!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THESE ABS!! I hope you shared them with the world on Pinterest! So amazingly creative :) you make me happy

    ReplyDelete