Friday, August 8, 2014

{tourist for the week}

 For the last few days, I have gladly taken on the role of Chicago tourist. My family from St. Louis came to visit and we hit all of the classic sites. We ate well and adventured around the city more than I have in a long time. What better way is there to spend your first week living in the city than by acting like a tourist? We ate at Giordano's, Portillo's and the Italian Village; we saw a Sox game, strolled through Millennium Park, traveled to The Ledge of the Sears Tower & marveled at the Cirque Shanghai Warriors on Navy Pier all in TWO days! Since our events continued into the night, I decided to wear jeans paired with a basic black t, a fun necklace, and a mustard yellow cardigan in case it got colder during the show. As for walking around, my feet held up wonderfully in my Lotta from Stockholm clogs. They are extremely comfortable and give me an inch or two of height (which is helpful when I'm spending time with my tall younger cousins).

The bean with family
What I'm Wearing:
Blouse from H&M,
jeans from American Eagle,
necklace from Francesca's Closet,
clogs by Lottas from Stockholm 
At the Sox game
On top of the Sears Tower
Out on The Ledge of the Sears Tower (and a little freaked out 103 stories up!)
My heart was racing & my hands were over my mouth during this entire
act in the Cirque Shanghai Warriors show at Navy Pier


No comments:

Post a Comment